The Wasatch-Uinta Field Camp Safety Forms outline common environmental, health, and safety hazards, the expected standards of conduct, and the ramifications of policy violations at field camp. This document also discusses the safety precautions and strategies needed to minimize risk to yourself and others. It is important for you to evaluate the stated risks with regard to your own personal health and safety, request reasonable modifications (“accommodations”) to course delivery, and modify your participation or attendance accordingly.
Download: 2018 Wasatch-Uinta Field Camp Safety Forms (AVALIBLE IN EARLY 2018)
Once you have downloaded the 2018 Wasatch-Uinta Field Camp Safety Forms (avalible in early 2018), you must complete the following five steps. Your enrollment in the program is contingent upon the completion of these steps -- you will not be allowed to participate if you fail to do so:
- Read and understand all of the sections in the Statement of Hazards & Standards of Conduct (pages 1-6 of the document).
- Sign the Acknowledgement (page 7 of this document) indicating that you received, read, and understand the Statement of Hazards & Standards of Conduct.
- Complete a Personal Medical Assessment form (pages 8-9 of the document).
- Read and sign the official General Liability Waiver form (page 10 of the document). This waiver is specific to field camp only and must be completed in addition to any waivers required by your own university.
- Submit your (1) signed Acknowledgement, (2) completed Personal Medical Assessment, and (3) signed General Liability Waiver (pages 7-10 of the document) to Dr. Burmeister via email OR regular mail on or before 1 APRIL 2018.
Send electronic attachments via email
Please send neatly scanned forms as a SINGLE DOCUMENT saved in PDF FORMAT ONLY.
Make sure "WUFC Forms" or something similar appears in the email subject line.
Send paper copies via regular mail to:
Dr. Kurtis C. Burmeister
COP Dept of Earth Science
3601 Pacific Avenue
Stockton, CA 95211
If you have any questions about this Safety Statement, the Personal Medical Assessment form, the Field Camp General Liability Waiver, or any topic associated with field camp, please contact Dr. Burmeister. Please feel free to direct gender-sensitive questions to Dr. Gran.
Dr. Kurt Burmeister
Univ. of Illinois, Univ. of the Pacific
Last revised 7/27/17