Monday - Saturday
- 6:30 - 7:15 AM: Breakfast
- 7:30 AM: We leave for the field regardless of disability created by the previous night's activities.
- 5:30 PM: Return to Chateau
- 6:00 PM: Dinner
- 7:00 PM: Faculty on duty, study hours
- 10:00 PM: Projects due (if applicable)
Free time: You will be expected to work on your maps or other projects on most evenings. Generally, you will have some free time on Sundays and some Saturdays to relax and recuperate.
Meetings: Mandatory evening or morning meetings will be scheduled as necessary -- generally in advance of each new project. Announcements for these meetings and other important information will be posted on the white board in the dining room - be sure to check it regularly.
Field camp ventures out on three overnight trips.
- Fourth of July Weekend Trip: likely July 1-4 trip to the high Uinta Mts for camping and relaxation (end of the 3rd week of camp).
- Vicinity of Carlin & Elko, Nevada: On the last trip, we will spend 3 nights near Carlin, Nevada, as guests of Nevada Gold Mines, where we will learn about the the economic geology of gold and get an unparalleled, first-hand look at mining operations.
Last revised 11/12/2022